“The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept were toiling upward through the night”. This famous line from the 18th Century poet and educator Henry Wadsworth Longfellow may not rank as the most impacting statement in the 21st Century. However, if you are a woman dissatisfied with where you are in life and longing for something more, then this article on ‘Invoking Potential’ with a poetic opening statement may just excite your interest.
Here you are, single or married, possibly working on your career, classified as a marginal worker and even currently attending school in an effort to strengthen your resume, while still employed but feeling stifled and unfulfilled. But as you read this article, your internal light bulb goes on and you want to hear more about invoking your potential. The truth is, you recognize you are meant for more, you just don’t know what ‘the more’ is. This article is the key that opens that unfulfilled longing in your life and gives you access to walk through a door of untapped potential.
Invoking potential is not some spiritual activity that puts you in a waiting trance for a surprising response to what you truly desire. Instead, it’s an intentional action to exercise your ability in fulfilling every bit of purpose that was intended for you to live your best life. Below are 7 Steps to invoke your potential and transform your life in a permanent celebratory fashion.
- Define what the saying ‘you are meant for more’ means to you and how much do you want to fulfill that purpose
- Evaluate honestly what has prevented you up to this point from maximizing your potential
- Make a comparison log of things, people and circumstances that (a) Deplete you (b) Energize and motivate you
- List (at least) 2 measures of success you have had in your life so far and be specific
- Identify at least 3 ways you can begin to address each of the negative areas in your life
- Design at least 3 actions that will effectively lead to achieving sustainable goals and maximizing your potential
- Create a system of accountability that will determine sustainability of set goals and permanent transformation of your life
Although getting to this pivotal point is not easy and it requires taking intentional steps to maximize your true potential, it is achievable! Now that you have been given the key to the 7 Steps of transformational thinking and sustainable results, why wait if it’s that accessible? Remember, ‘You are meant for more!’